ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED MATERIAL WARRANTY
CRS Granite Ltd. (the “Company”) warrants it’s Laminate countertop products hereunder for residential or commercial use to be free from defects in material and manufacturers defects for a period of One (1) year from the date of installation; that the Company will at its option repair or replace, without charge, such product if it is found to be defective in the material or workmanship, provided the Company is given an opportunity to make an onsite investigation inspection of any asserted defect within TWENTY (20) days of discovery. The repair or replacement of any products sold under this limited warranty shall not extend the terms of the warranty beyond the original term as set forth above. All repairs that qualify under the limited warranty must be performed by the Company or its designated authorized service agent. This includes reasonable labour charge needed to repair or replace the products covered hereunder.
This limited warranty applies to laminate products that is put into residential or commercial use and maintained in the manner recommended by the Company in its publications. A copy may be obtained, free of charge, from your installer or by writing directly to the Company.
LIMITATIONS OF THIS WARRANTY:
This warranty does not cover:
- Products or services that have not been paid for in full.
- Colour variations due to production run differences.
- Conditions such as chips, stains, scratches, water swells, water spots and or burns.
- Failure or dissatisfaction with joints or seams or of any adhesive, caulk or other accessory items.
- Use for purposes other than normal interior use.
- Any products moved from their original place of installation and/or laminate items not permanently attached to a substrate in a stationary position (e.g., table leaves, trivets, hinged covers).
- Damage due to abuse, misuse, neglect, mishandling, acts of god or nature, improper care causing cracks, staining, scratching is not warrantable.
- Damage due to connecting products such as faucets, sinks, cabinets, existing counter tops, cook tops, appliances, flooring, walls, etc.
- Failures caused by settling of cabinets or substructure support, or failures caused by acts of nature.
- Fabrication, installation, alterations or repairs, which are performed by non-Certified personnel, is not warranted.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes causing delaminating or damage is not warranted.
- Exposure to harsh or corrosive chemicals and cleaners.
- Excessive weight placed on countertop.
- Improperly installed, used and/or maintained appliances.
- Failure to maintain the product in accordance with CARE GUIDE and MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES
For coverage under this warranty, attach your original contact to this warranty form. The warranty registration number is the contract number assigned by the Company. To obtain service under this warranty, write to the Company from whom you purchased the product and include a copy of the original contract. The Company’s obligation hereunder is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the piece, including necessary labour charges of the product purchased hereunder. No implied or express warranty or merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose is granted by the warranty, except as expressly stated herein. Except as provided herein, the Company shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages or any damages other than the repair or replacement of the piece that is found to be defective by the Company during the warranty period arising out of the use or inability to use residential or commercial products hereunder.
This warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights: other rights may also be available which may vary from province to province. Except as provided in this limited warranty, CRS Granite Ltd. shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss of direct, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product in residential applications covered by this warranty, and makes no other warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein.
This warranty accrues to the original purchaser of the product only and is transferable only if inspected by a Company Certified Fabricator within 20 days of transfer of ownership; an inspection fee, plus travel charges at the published rate will apply.
To obtain service under this limited warranty, you must contact CRS Granite Ltd. by phone at 905-648-7997, or via e-mail at email@example.com. To qualify for repair or replacement, you must provide the original sales receipt clearly showing both the date of purchase and the date the installation was performed. You must permit an authorized agent of the Company to inspect the installation of the product, and agree to cooperate with the Company’s agent in its efforts to perform its obligations under this warranty. All decisions about defects in the fabrication or installation shall be made by the Company, not the agent, and communicated, in writing, to you in a reasonable period of time once the cause has been determined by the Company. Whether the Company performs repair or replacement of your installation, we will seek to obtain the best possible result. Since Granite and Quartz slabs are unique, an exact colour match to the original countertop installed cannot be guaranteed.
All warranty claims must be approved by the Company prior to dispatching, in order to determine the correct level of expertise and to allocate sufficient time to deliver effective service. Any work not otherwise covered by warranty or resulting in repeat visits will be billable at the current rate, plus travel and applicable taxes, as published by the Company.
Any service under warranty shall be performed during normal business hours, and is considered chargeable at the current published rate, unless warrantable as determined by the Company.
Service visits are coordinate between the hours are 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. After hours or weekend appointments are available, however, a dispatch fee of $80, plus travel and applicable taxes will be applied.
Any questions under this warranty should be addressed by the Company.